Thursday, April 14, 2011

Back home from three weeks of tournaments!

hi everyone!
I'm so happy to have a little time off after traveling for the last three and a half weeks! Currently I'm fully playing on the LPGA Futures Tour which has a pretty full schedule through out the season. So where exactly was I? My father/caddy/coach and I first started in California for a Monday qualifier for the LPGA Kia Classic which had about 80 or so players playing off for 2 spots. That was quite the few days of weather for California, we had a lot of cold rain and wind... unfortunately I didn't qualify. There wasn't much time afterwards, the following day I flew to Orlando for the Futures tour event that week. From there I played the following week in Daytona Beach, Fl and then this past week was spent in Puerto Vallerta, Mexico. Each day, week, and tournament seemed like a stepping stone for my game. Every day I kept working harder and at the end of the three weeks I feel back to the golfer I'm used to being. As I've mentioned before I'm really working on staying patient with myself. My career doesn't have a deadline, so to speak, as to when I'm supposed to "just dominate." From patience, brings consistency, which I'm always striving towards. Really its amazing as I sit here and reflect how far I've come on this trip. I've had to really work on some mental battles on and off the course. In the beginning of the trip, I was having a hard time controlling my emotions and nerves which even led to some really physical issues in some golf shots. See feeling nervous or even uncomfortable isn't always a bad thing... you want that in competition or else it wouldn't be much fun! In the beginning, I didn't know how exactly to allow this feelings to help me, instead I would get more tense. My last tournament, in Mexico, I felt back to me. What was the key? Well, the nerves were still there.... I just had to allow myself to trust my game. I worked on not thinking as I was over the ball. I made all my decisions before the shot and then once I walked up to the shot I concentrated solely on my routine, rhythm, and good balance. My next event is April 25th, which is another LPGA Monday qualifier in Mobile, Alabama so I'm planning on being in Mobile that week :) but if not I will travel to San Antonio, Texas to play in another LPGA Futures event that week. Here is the link to the Futures Tour website so you all can check up on me that way LPGAFuturesTour.com

Right now I'm currently getting pumped to go watch my team (Auburn Women's Golf) play in the SEC Championship this weekend in Auburn, Alabama. WAR EAGLE! I love going to Auburn whenever I have some down time from my traveling. This weekend is going to be a blast watching my old and new team mates play some awesome golf. I baked my friends some yummy treats too! (not quite the cleanest recipe but they are soooo good!!!)

Chocolate chip, raisin, cranberry, and coconut cookies!


1c melted butter
1c dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2c white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4c all-purpose flour
3c quick-cooking oats
1c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1c mix of raisins and cranberries
1/2 tsp salt
1/2c sweetened shredded coconut


1) mix melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. fold in eggs one at a time
2) combine flour, baking soda, and salt then mix into wet mixture
3) add in oats, chocolate chips, raisins, cranberries, coconut
4) bake at 325 degrees for 10-15 min


Im definitely going to have to experiment a little with this recipe for a cleaner version! I would try substituting wheat flour and using a better way to sweeten the cookies rather than straight sugar... but they certainly are a crowd pleaser as they are!






No comments:

Post a Comment