Tuesday, March 15, 2011

lessons thus far

I'm safely back from my long trip spent in Australia and New Zealand for the month of February.  Over that time I played in three tournaments, two in Australia and my last one in Christchurch, New Zealand.  I loved my trip, I was able to spend a lot of time driving and traveling around to different locations in Australia including Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, and up the Gulf Coast to a place called Surfer's Paradise. Although the best part is being able to stay with host families where my Father and I were able to learn about the local lifestyles and to just build lasting relationships with some amazing people. I loved the very laid back approach to life that the Aussies and Kiwis shared. It seemed that every one was very welcoming and just went with the flow. Their philosophy is "life is good so No Worries Mate." So I'm trying my best to adopt this into my mindset and daily life. Golf in the tournaments had some really good ups. I have a lot of positives to take away from them. Although the scores weren't telling my whole story I was really playing some good golf, so I'm looking forward to a great season. Although I've been traveling and playing in tournaments for most of my life being professional at this is a little different. Mainly I'm just having to adjust to the schedule of being away from home and having to live on the road at multiple weeks at a time. I'm learning how to better organize my time and the hours of my day so that I can practice smart as well as do all the little things that need to get done. Most of all, as hard as it is, I'm learning that I really need to be patient with myself. As an amateur and college golfer I was able to earn many accomplishments and I was consistently able to be on top in my tournaments. So far golf has been a little more challenging possibly because I demand more from myself. At the moment I'm constantly saying my moto to myself, " one shot at a time, one hole at a time, one day at a time"....and now i can add "one week at a time" if I commit to this focus then who knows what can happen!

until next time!
Candace 


So whats next up? This Friday Im on the road again!
-Monday  March 21: Monday Qualify for the LPGA Kia in California (so I'm looking to stay in California for that week)
- If for some reason I don't qualify then I play  March 24-27 in LPGA Futures Tour Event in Florida
- March 31-3 LPGA Futures Tour Event in Florida
- March 7-10 LPGA Futures Tour Event in Mexico

To follow my day to day scores go to www.lpgafuturestour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment