Thursday, October 28, 2010

Be proud about your accomplishments

If you've ever tried a new diet or workout regimen and have ever felt embarrassed or discouraged because of other people's remarks....well this is to you. I recently had a conversation with my sister, who is in the process of losing some weight (she's lost 45 pounds so far so proud!), and we talked about her work atmosphere. She's currently working at an office job where she enjoys the financial benefits right now but she doesn't see herself working there in the future. She's been losing weight via a low-carb diet which has helped her lose the starting weight but now she's in the process of changing her mindset (hopefully with my help) into more of an every day lifestyle. Ok, back to the point. Well, my sister has begun to eat more regularly as she is hypoglycemic and needs meals to stabilize her blood sugar and so she will take a 10 min break at work to grab a quick clean meal. Her taking a break to grab a snack has prompted some of her co-workers to make remarks that seriously were just uncalled for. Have you ever been through this? I certainly have. I feel like people who aren't doing something positive in their life love to just talk and bring others who are down. The point when this happens you need to remember why you are doing your new change. When I get comments about the "weird" foods I eat or how crazy I am to do my spin classes etc I think that I'm not doing this for them. I eat, workout, and practice golf every day for me. So I think you should be proud of the little everyday accomplishments you do to better yourself every day.

What are the little things you do for yourself? How do you bounce of the negative remarks from others? I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment